Today, insulation products can be found at dealers specialising in salvaging more modern building materials. They often combine their salvage business with demolition activities, from which they can salvage this type of construction material. Such a profile is quite frequent in the Netherlands.
Salvaged insulation products can be:
- Polyurethane (PU) or Polyisocyanurate (PIR) foam panels
- Polystyrene (PS) foam panels
- “Sandwich” panels from the disassembly of industrial hangars
Indicative prices are based on the market in the Netherlands:
- 8 cm PIR panels: 14 €/m² inc. VAT (displayed price, private clients)
- 3 cm PIR panels glued on panels, screws present: 3 €/m² inc. VAT (displayed price, private clients)